Weight loss apps for smartphones are incredibly useful.
You can download and install them on your mobile device and use them to track various lifestyle habits, such as calorie intake and exercise.
Not only are weight loss apps easy to use, but many of their benefits are seamlessly integrated with top health and fitness brands.
Here are very handy weight loss apps that can help you reach your goals and burn unwanted pounds.
1. Lose It!
Lose It! is a calorie counter & food diary diet tracker app that helps you stick to your diet and reach your goal weight.
It helps you keep track of the calories you eat and burn through exercise.
Simply download the app, set your goals and track your diet, food, and exercises to lose weight.
Easily track macro, carb and calorie intake with Lose It! calorie counter & food diary app.
Lose It! gives you the tools to stay within your calorie budget, how exercise affects your budget, what you can eat and help you achieve your weight loss goals.
You can track your food and water.
Members track their daily food intake and fitness activity and can create goals, start or join community activities and competitive challenges, connect activity trackers, access coaches, and more.
Lose It! seamlessly integrates with top health and fitness brands, such as Jawbone, FitBit, Nike, Misfit, Nokia, Strava, MapMyFitness, Apple Health, and RunKeeper.
Connect Apple Health and Google Fit for easy exercise tracking.
The Lose It! gives members the ability to share data through wearable activity trackers, Bluetooth devices, and a variety of connected mobile apps to help them achieve powerful, personalized results.
Scanner Feature allows you to use your camera to scan package barcodes for quick tracking or create new foods with the nutrition label auto-fill.
Use can also your camera to take a picture of your food and allow and Lose It! technology to help you log it. Very handy.
Lose It! offers both a Free and Premium ($39.99/year) version of the app.
With the premium version, members get access to additional features such as meal planning, sleep tracking, and automated reports on daily habits and trends that might be impacting their weight-loss goals.
SparkPeople is a fast and easy-to-use calorie tracker, weight loss & diet calculator.
It’s is your personal diet and lifestyle coach, personalized fitness program. Get customized workout & meal plans & get healthy.
I really like the concept of this app and it’s pretty easy to use. You can try their free calorie counter right now. Just enter the last food you ate, add it to the tracker and get calories, carbs, fat and protein values.
Fitness tracking & calorie counting app collects the exercise demos, reporting & food database that their members use to live healthier & better lives.
You can connect the apps or devices you use to your SparkPeople account.
It integrates with FitBit, MapMyFitness, Misfit, Runkeeper, Garmin, HealthKit and more.
SparkPeople Premium allows you to get advanced calorie charts, email their coaches to get a live response and so much more.
SparkPoints are a tool for personal motivation. By completing various activities on SparkPeople that help you reach your goals (tracking food and fitness, posting in the Community, reading articles, etc.), you earn Points that can keep you motivated.
You can see how your Points ranking stacks up against other members and Teams by looking at our leaderboards. And as you earn more Points, you’ll reach different trophy levels within the Community.
SparkRecipes is one of the largest online food destinations. With more than 500,000 recipes, consumers can easily search, find, and share the content they’re looking for—whether at their computer or on-the-go.
You can get a FREE account and start using proven weight loss and fitness tools today.
SparkPeople Tutorial Videos
Losing weight isn’t easy – we know.
But with a membership to MyFitnessPal, you’ll get the tools you need to successfully take weight off – and keep it off.
And best of all, you can signup for free, no strings attached.
So put away your credit card – you’ll never have to pay a cent.
With FREE membership you get:
- The easiest to use food diary on the web – track what you eat with just a few clicks from anywhere with an internet connection – at home or at work
- A searchable food database of over 300,000,000 items – and it’s growing every day
- Your own personal food database – add your own foods and recipes at any time and access them from anywhere with an internet connection
- Free mobile apps for iPhone and Android – so you can log your meals and exercise even when you are on the go
- Support and motivation from people just like you – discussion forums let you learn from others, share your own tips, receive and give encouragement, and make friends
- A personalized diet profile – customized to your unique weight loss goals
- Flexibility – the system can support any diet like Atkins, the South Beach Diet, the Zone, and more
To reach your goals all you need is:
1. Choose A Goal — they support weight loss, weight gain, and weight maintenance goals.
2. Set A Goal – create your own goals or let the app to create personalized goals for you, including calorie and macros goals.
3. Change Habits – it’s almost like having a nutrition coach right inside your pocket.
Keeping a food diary helps you understand how the food you’re eating contributes to your daily calories, macronutrients, and micronutrients. This app is very easy to use to log the food you eat.
Scan barcodes, save meals and recipes and use Quick Tools for fast and easy food tracking.
Cinderella Solution. Weight Loss for Women – Carb-Pairing Trick
*** Have you seen the Cinderella Solution? ***
It’s the real number ONE in women’s weight loss solutions.
Works for women 25-65.
Read my Cinderella Solution review where I explain how it works and key reasons you definitely should get this famous fat loss program.
Fitbit is the official site for Activity Trackers.
Find your fit with Fitbit’s family of fitness products that help you stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight, and sleep.
Live a healthier, more active life with Fitbit, the world’s leading app for tracking all-day activity, workouts, sleep and more.
From steps and distance to calories burned and active minutes, see your daily progress each day and over time.
Use the app on its own to track basic activity and runs on your phone, or connect with one of Fitbit’s many activity trackers and the Aria Smart Scales to get a complete picture of your health—including steps, distance, calories burned, sleep, weight, and more.
Please note that this app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
What you can do with Fitbit:
- track activity
- female health tracking
- run smarter
- record workouts
- manage weight
- monitor heart rate
- log food faster
- measure hydration
- set & manage goals
- see how you sleep
- stay motivated
Choose which goal you want to track for your daily activity goal: steps, active minutes, or calories. Then, set an optional goal in each of the other categories, such as food and exercise.
To begin, your daily activity goal is 10,000 steps per day.
5. Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers Reimagined
Weight Watchers Reimagined (WW) can help you lose weight and create healthy habits.
From food and activity tracking to a barcode scanner and free rewards, this award-winning app puts all the weight-loss tools you need in the palm of your hand.
WW is ranked the #1 doctor-recommended weight-loss program, and for the ninth year in a row, WW has been named “#1 Best Diet for Weight Loss” by U.S. News & World Report.
Download the WW (Weight Watchers) app to get:
- access to food and fitness trackers
- thousands of delicious recipes and expert science-backed techniques to help you lose weight
- all the support you need to reach your goals
The most remarkable is the myWW – their most groundbreaking program ever.
First, through a personal assessment, they learn about your unique needs and preferences and then match you with a customized weight loss plan fit for your lifestyle.
Science-backed research shows everyone’s weight loss needs are different.
Backed by the latest nutritional and behavioral science, myWW guides you toward a balanced diet and helps you build healthy habits for life.
The app’s activity tracker helps you make progress towards your fitness goals.
Never worry about what you’re going to eat next – 24,000+ restaurant foods and WW recipes with SmartPoints calculated for you.
WW Digital membership starts from $3.46 and includes food, activity, and weight tracking features, WellnessWins rewards program, 24/7 Live Coaching, access to an online community, and more.
FatSecret is the easiest to use calorie counter and most effective weight loss and dieting app on the market.
The app is customized for US foods and brands.
Best of all, FatSecret is free.
People who track food achieve more than double the average weight loss and members lose weight 3x faster when doing it with friends.
FatSecret combines these to create the most powerful solution for healthy, sustainable weight loss.
Keep track of your food, exercise, and weight, using the world’s highest quality food and nutrition database and connect with a global community of people looking to make a change for the better and start losing weight and achieve your goals the healthy way.
FatSecret is fast, simple to use and includes integration with external tools and services to help you succeed with your diet:
- An easy to use a food diary to plan and keep track of what you’re eating.
- A wonderful community that’s ready to provide support and turbocharge your weight loss.
- Image recognition of foods, meals, and products so you can take photos with the camera and track nutrition with pictures.
- A barcode scanner and auto-complete functions.
- Health app and Fitbit exercise tracking integration.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- Detailed reporting and goals for all your calories and macros.
- Photo album. #Photodiet #Foodsnap #Instacalorie
- A journal to record your progress.
- Reminders for meals, weigh-ins, and journals.
- Notifications for support, comments, and followers.
- Fantastic recipes and meal ideas.
- Sharing and interacting with your professional of choice.
- Facebook and Google login.
The app is fully integrated with the Health app which lets you share your data with other Health connected apps. In particular, you can:
- sync your Health app calories burned and steps in FatSecret
- add all your foods and their detailed nutritional information to the Health app
- sync your weight to the Health app
Premium subscriptions are available for enhanced features to help you achieve your diet and weight management goals.
Cronometer is positioning itself as the most accurate, comprehensive nutrition tracker on the market.
Calorie reduced diets require a lot of information to perform optimally.
In order to restrict caloric intake, but remain healthy, users of the diet must track their vitamin, mineral, and protein intakes with great care.
Cronometer aims to provide a complete solution for a smart dieter.
This app has helped over 3 million people discover their nutrition and meet weight loss goals. Eat smarter and live better with Cronometer.
- Free to use
- Easy to use, streamlined data entry
- Track 60+ Nutrients for 300,000+ foods
- Log your Diet, Exercise, Biometrics, and Notes
- Make custom foods and recipes
- Mobile Apps for logging on-the-go
Cronometer is free to sign up and use. You will have the option to upgrade to our Gold version.
There is also a Professional Version for Dieticians, Doctors, and Wellness Coaches.